Bulk Leads Import using a CSV or Excel file
You can import your leads in bulk into your aNinja account using a CSV or Excel file.
What’s a CSV file
CSV: a Comma Separated Values file. It’s a plain text file that contains a list of data. These files are often used for exchanging data between different applications. For example, databases and contact managers often support CSV files.
A CSV file has commas in between the values of each column. If there is no comma separating the values of the columns, the CSV file is not valid. And you’ll not be able to import your file to aNinja. So, you want to check the export options that generated this file to make sure the comma is there to have a valid CSV.
Creating a CSV or Excel file for Importing
Make sure the first row in your spreadsheet is a header row (i.e. a row containing column names).
Create and save your spreadsheet as CSV or Excel with the following headers:
Name: contact_name (this field is required)
Primary contact’s email: contact_email1
Primary contact’s phone: contact_phone1
Also, for custom field values, simply prefix “custom.” in the header.
For eg. put custom.location for importing columns with the location.
Bulk Leads Import using a CSV / Excel file
- You can access the Bulk Import from:
- + Add Lead on the top right navigation bar
- Or from Settings > Bulk Import in the left sidebar
- Hit the Click to select a file
- Then, choose the file you created for the upload.
- And, map the records and click Upload.
- As a result, all the leads saved in the imported file are now injected into your aNinja account.
You can find all the files that you’ve imported to aNinja in the Previous Bulk Import section. You can download / delete them at any time.
Where does the imported data appear?
- Lead’s contacts appear in the leads contact section in the lead view
- Opportunities also appear in the opportunity section in the lead view
- The company’s info appears on the top left of the lead view, in the Company section.
- Custom fields appear in the custom field section of the lead view
- Lead Search is a field that also appears in the bottom left of the lead view. Specifically, these are info/links on the lead or the organization found in Google search.