IMAP vs POP
POP3 and IMAP are 2 different methods used to access mail from a third-party email client or software.
IMAP (Internet Messaging Access Protocol)
• Emails are stored on the server.
• Sent messages are stored on the server.
• Messages can be synced and accessed across multiple devices.
POP3 (Post Office Protocol)
• Emails are stored on a single device.
• Sent messages are stored on a single device.
• Emails can only be accessed from a single device.
• If you want to keep messages on the server, make sure the setting “Keep email on server” is enabled or all messages are deleted from the server once downloaded to the app or software.
Why aNinja only supports IMAP?
We only support IMAP – and that’s because the main difference is that IMAP allows us to read the messages on the server and keep them there – POP (an older protocol, gets the messages off the server)
aNinja synchronizes the email messages view so that if you communicate by email with your lead/customer (whether form aNinja, your email client, anywhere) you will have all the relevant emails for that lead centralized in the aNinja lead view (as well as available in your email clients)