Mapping fields for a successful data import
It’s important to understand the data types for a successful fields mapping during the import of data. Whether you’re importing your contacts in a CSV file, or through API (Form submission, Ad campaigns, etc…); saving your data in the right place allows you to easily manipulate it to create Smartlists, search for leads, and launch automations.
Mapping fields for a successful data import:
aNinja has both Standard fields which are the built-in default fields and Custom fields, which you customize to your needs.
aNinja standard fields are found under the categories Lead’s Contacts, Company, and address.
- Contact name: contact_name – is the only required field and it’s essential to complete the import.
- Primary contact’s email: contact_email1
- You can also add a second email – contact_email2
- Primary contact’s phone: contact_phone1
- You can also add a second phone number – contact_phone2
- Here we recommend choosing the mobile number to be the primary contact phone
- Company URL: lead.company.url
- Company description or name: lead.company.description
- Lead Opportunities: lead.opportunities
- Lead Address:
If you can’t see the fields that you need, you can create them manually upon import. Or in Settings > Custom Fields
Upon import, aNinja anticipates which Custom fields you might want to create and marks them as ‘New’. Mapping to a field marked ‘New’ creates a new Custom Field within aNinja.
Prefix your field’s name with “Custom.” so it is saved as a custom field in the lead page. (e.g. Custom.Source)
Types of Custom Fields
When you create a custom field in Settings > Custom fields, you can designate its type:
Text – For text input
Link – For fields with any link/URL
Date – Date in YYYY-MM-DD format
Dropdown – Fields with multiple options dropdown
Then, you can use it in the lead page and assign it a value to be able to group/search for specific leads when needed.
Where does the imported data appear?
- Lead’s contacts appear in the leads contact section in the lead view
- Opportunities also appear in the opportunity section in the lead view
- The company’s info appears on the top left of the lead view, in the Company section.
- Custom fields appear in the custom field section of the lead view
- Lead Search is a field that also appears in the bottom left of the lead view. Specifically, these are info/links on the lead or the organization found in Google search.