When leads created via API create duplicates in your account, you can automatically merge those duplicate leads through Triggers.
Setting the Trigger duplicate leads merge action
The trigger actions get executed based on a certain event that you select when you’re in the triggers feature:
- Select the event that will cause the trigger to fire.
- e.g. Lead created via API
[Lead merge] Merge new lead into existing duplicate
- And indicate the merge method (email/phone).
- This automatically merges new leads by ‘phone’ or ’email’ if ‘Lead created via API’ option was selected as the desired event.
- You can also indicate if this action should stop executing all subsequent actions/triggers in case the new lead has been merged. This is helpful if you don’t want a specific sequence to fire off for already existing leads.
- With that said, it would be better if you set the trigger using this action with a high priority number so that it gets fired first.