In this article, we show you how generating an App password for Office365 can be done.
Generating an App Password
- Login to https://login.live.com
- Then, go to “Advanced Security Options“
- Here, make sure you enable “Two-Step verification” under Additional Security.
- Once you’ve completed step 3, then, you’ll see an “App passwords section” on the Additional security page at the bottom. This allows you to create a new app password.
Enabling App Passwords at your Office365 Organization level
Enabling the App password for Office365 is giving permission to an app to access your Office365 account. After you generate an app password, enable it at your Office365 Organization level.
If you can’t see app passwords at your user level, so, they might be disabled at your office365 organization level.
However, your administrator can expose them following these steps:
- Go to https://admin.microsoft.com/
- Then, go to Users > Active Users
- And, choose “Multi-factor Authentication” in table options (above the table of users)
- Lastly, choose “Service Settings” (in top menu) and choose “Allow users to create app passwords“.
Changing your Office 365 app password
- Click My Account.
- Then, hit Security and Privacy menu to the left or the Manage Security and Privacy link on the main area of the page.
- Choose Additional Security Verification.
- And click Create and manage app passwords.
- Lastly, create yourself an additional app password and give it a description.
Need help with generating an App password for Office365? Please leave us an email at email@example.com. We will happily assist you!