Chatbot is a chatting widget that you embed on your website to answer your website visitors questions. Creating a Chatbot in your aNinja account and embedding it on your website also allows you to collect leads and inject them into your aNinja account.
What’s a Chatbot?
A Chatbot is a live chat program that can be embedded on your website to answer the website visitor’s simple questions. The system injects a lead into your aNinja account with every chatbot conversation.
Creating aNinja Chatbot
- Log in your aNinja account
- On the left sidebar, click on Marketing icon.
- Click on Chat Bots
- Then, choose Add Chat Bot
- Click Add a Chatbot
- Here, enter the business name and the virtual chatbot name.
If you choose to set your Chatbot off, it will indicate the message “Chatbot currently offline” to users.
Once you enable here the “Help Page Url”, it will expose the Knowledge base button in the chatbot for active users. This typically opens up in an iframe inside the chatbot the website of a knowledge base.
- You can also type and enable an “Away message” and set the timeout to automatically send a message if no reply was sent back to the client.
- Lastly, hit Save
- Chatbot has now been added!
- Then, you can see these info about your chatbot:
- Status (online / offline)
- Total Conversations
- Leads Generated
- Conversations Rate
- Created Date
- Actions you can perform on this Chatbot:
- Edit Playbook: This option allows you to create the steps of the Playbook.
- Preview: This option allows you to see how your chatbot runs and test it before it goes live on the website.
- View Conversations: You can view all the conversations initiated in this chatbot and join them too.
Editing a Chatbot
Now that you’ve created the Chatbot, you can still edit the information at any time.
- Click on the edit pen next to the chatbot you want to edit.
- Do the adjustments you want.
- And click Save.
Cloning a Chatbot
You can create multiple scenarios of chatbots to run on different events on your website.
- Click the clone icon next to the Chatbot name.
- This creates a copy of the Chatbot and its playbook.
- Go ahead and edit it and do the wished changes.
Deleting a Chatbot
Once you delete a chatbot, it’s no longer retrieved.
To delete a chatbot:
- Lastly, click OK on the pop-up message “Are you sure you want to delete this step?”.
- Your chatbot and its playbook are now deleted.
Viewing the Chatbot Conversations
- When a lead starts a Chatbot conversation on your website, you receive a notification by email.
- The Chatbot conversations can also be viewed from the Dashboard widget “Chatbot Conversations”.
Joining a Chatbot Conversation
You can join the chatbot conversation and directly chat with the client.
- Joining the Chatbot conversation from email:
- Open the email and click on the link “View / Join the conversation“.
- It opens your aNinja account > the lead view where you can join the conversation.
- Joining the Chatbot conversation from the Dashboard Widget “Chatbot Conversations”:
- Click on the lead name “chatbot xxxx“. And it takes you to the lead view where you can join the conversation.
For any clarifications about creating a Chatbot in your aNinja account, just leave us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will happily assist you!