Enabling IMAP in AOL mail allows you to use IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) to sync your AOL Mail into aNinja app.
Overview of IMAP protocol
IMAP allows us to sync aNinja and your account to keep the information in both places identical. This means that anything you do with messages or folders in your account at mail.aol.com will also occur in the app (and vice versa).
Below are the IMAP server settings you’ll need to use for AOL Mail and links to common email app setup instructions.
Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.aol.com
Outgoing mail server (STMP): stmp.aol.com
Enabling IMAP in AOL mail
Please follow these steps to enable IMAP in AOL mail:
Check that IMAP is turned on
- Sign in to your AOL account information page.
- Click Account Security
- Turn on “Allow apps that use less secure sign in”
IMAP/SMTP password in AOL mail
Follow these steps only if you have 2-Step-Verification enabled.
- Go to the Account security page.
- If prompted, sign in to your account.
- Click Generate App Password
- Then, click Genetate
- Use the generated password which is being displayed both in IMAP and SMTP section, in your email account settings in Hotter.