What is a Partial email account state?
Partial states are typically temporary and may indicate issues with the mail server. Accounts in this state, however, are still running.
One or more folders in the account may not fully sync currently or not sync mail at all. Typically, accounts recover and return to a full-running state.
Reasons an account may be in a partial state
- It’s a new account and hasn’t finished its initial sync.
- The account was recently re-authenticated.
- The user deletes, changes, adds or restricts folders.
- Slow network connections.
- Low bandwidth on the email server.
Keep in Mind: Microsoft accounts with a large number of folders (>100) may enter partial states more frequently.
In general, partial statuses indicate a temporary issue with the mail server and accounts typically recover after some time.
Recovering accounts switch back into a full-running state as soon as possible.